1. In 1645, one vote gave Oliver Cromwell control of England.
2. In 1649, one vote caused Charles I of England to be executed.
3. In 1776 one vote determined that English, not German, would be the American language.
4. In 1845, One vote brought Texas into the Union.
5. In 1868, one vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment.
6. In 1875, one vote changed France from a monarchy to a republic.
7. In 1923, one vote gave Hitler control of the Nazi party.
8. In 1941, 12 weeks before Pearl Harbor, one vote saved the Selective Service.
9. In 1960, Richard Nixon lost the Presidential election and John F. Kennedy won it by less than one vote per precinct in the United States.