Missionary Going Through Great Trials
In Green Leaf in Drought, Isobel Kuhn relates the story of a missionary family going through great trials. The theme is
“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit” Jer. 17:7-8.
Here is the passage (p. 59) that has encouraged some to a higher vision of trials. “These four anchors they found in Andrew Murrays formula for trial.
1. Say, He brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place and in that fact I will rest.
2. He will keep me here in His love and give me grace to behave as His child.
3. Then He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends for me to learn.
4. In His good time He can bring me out againhow and when He knows.
So let me say, I am
1. here by Gods appointment;
2. in His keeping;
3. under His training;
4. for His time.