How Sensitive Are You?
If your senses are working normally, you can:
- Feel on your fingertips or face a pressure that depresses your skin a bare .00004 inch.
- See a small candle flame from 30 miles away on a clear, dark night.
- Smell one drop of perfume diffused through a three-room apartment.
- Taste .04 ounce of table salt dissolved in 530 quarts of water.
- Feel the weight of a bees wing falling on your cheek from less than half an inch away.
- Distinguish among more than 300,000 different color variations.
- Gauge the direction of a sounds origin based on a .00003-second difference in its arrival from one ear to the other.