How good a listener are you?
1. Since you think about four times faster than a person usually talks, do you use this time to think about other things while youre keeping track of the conversation?
2. Do you listen primarily for facts rather than ideas when someone is speaking?
3. Do you avoid listening to things you feel will be too difficult to understand?
4. Can you tell from a persons appearance and delivery that there wont be anything worthwhile aid?
5. When someone is talking to you do you appear to be paying attention when youre not?
6. Do certain words and phrases prejudice you so you cannot listen objectively?
7. When listening are you distracted by outside sights and sounds?