How do We Honor the Lord’s Day?
- “Not doing thine own ways” (Is. 58:13) not doing your normal work, making it a day of rest
- “Nor finding thine own pleasure” including amusement, entertainment, self-seeking fulfillment
- “Nor speaking thine own words” frivolous conversation or meaningless talk
- By realizing that the Lords Day begins the previous evening (Gen. 1:5)
- By entering into teaching, fellowship, self-examination, prayer with other Christians at church (Heb. 10:24-5)
- By giving as God directs and blesses (1 Cor. 16:2)
- By making it a day of spiritual refreshment and physical rest (Is. 58:14)