Guidelines for Workers and Those Under Authority
- Dont try to get out of your current situation too quickly (1 Cor. 7:17-24).
- View stress and trouble in perspective (2 Cor. 4:7-18).
- Develop a respect for authority (Rom. 13:1-8).
- Do your work wholeheartedly and respectfully (Eph. 6:5-8; 1 Thess. 5:12-15).
- Give your employers obedient, hard work (Col. 3:22-25; 1 Thess. 4:11-12).
- Honor bosses, whether they are believers or not (1 Tim. 6:1-2).
- Develop a reasonable self-estimate (Rom. 12:3).
- Acknowledge differences and accept the contributions of others (1 Cor. 12:1-8).
- Help others, but do your job (Gal. 6:1-5).
- Learn to speak appropriately and sensitively (Col. 4:6).
- Understand others and treat them respectfully (1 Tim. 5:1-3).
- Develop a reputation for good relationships (Titus 3:1-2).
- Give your whole self to God (Rom. 12:1).
- Develop the art of discernment in order to live responsibly (Eph. 5:15-18).
- Do your work as if working for Godyou are (1 Cor. 3:13; Col. 3:17).
- Dont let your responsibilities weigh you down with worry (Phil. 4:6).
- Take responsibility for yourself (1 Thess. 4:11-12; 2 Thess. 3:8-9).
- Develop a godly “workstyle” (Titus 2:9-10).
- Live frugally and do not stealincluding pilfering (Eph. 4:28).
- Care for your family (1 Tim. 5:8).