1. I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons.
2. Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing, nobody listens and then everybody disagrees.
3. Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, they dont hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous.
4. I really cant see any advantage of having one of your party in as President. I would rather be able to criticize a man than have to apologize for him.
5. Its no disgrace not to be able to run a country nowadays, but it is a disgrace to keep on trying when you know you cant.
6. It looks to me like any man that wants to be President in times like these lacks something.
7. Theyve already started arguing over who will be the speaker at next years conventions. What they better worry about is who is going to listen.
8. There should be a moratorium called on candidates speeches. From now on, they are just talking themselves out of votes.
9. A President-elects popularity is the shortest lived of any public mans. It only lasts till he picks his Cabinet.
10. The promising season ends on Election Day. That same night, the alibi season begins and lasts for the next four years.
11. Our government is the only people that just love to spend money without being compelled to, at all. But the government is the only people that dont have to worry where it is coming from.
12. Last year we said: “Things cant go on like this!” And they didntthey got worse.
13. In Washington, yesterday, everybody I tried to talk to was a Presidential candidate. Both Houses spent all week arguing politics. Did you ever figure it out? They are the only people that are paid to do one job and do every other one there is but that.
14. Lord, the money we do spend on government, and its not a bit better than the government that we got for one-third the money 20 years ago.
15. This inflation was brought on by the actions of many peoples of the whole world, and its weight will be lifted by the actions of many peoples of the whole world, and not by a Republican or a Democrat.
16. With old inflation riding the headlines, I have read till I am bleary-eyed. We are living in an age of explanations, but no two things that have been done to us have been explained twice the same way, by even the same man.
17. When it comes to a showdown, Washington must never forget who rulesthe people.