- Resolved, That I will do whatsoever I think to be most to the glory of God, and my own good, profit, and pleasure, in the whole of my duration; without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriads of ages hence.
- Resolved, to do whatever I think to be my duty, and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general.
- Resolved, never to lose one moment of time, but to improve it in the most profitable way I possibly can.
- Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.
- Resolved, never to do any thing, which I should be afraid to do if it were the last hour of my life.
- Resolved, Never to speak evil of any one, so that it shall tend to his dishonour, more or less, upon no account except for some real good.
- Resolved, To study the Scriptures so steadily, constantly, and frequently, as that I may find, and plainly perceive, myself to grow in the knowledge of the same.