Evangelism Can Be as Natural as Conversation
The Living Bible translates 1 Corinthians 9:22, “ whatever a person is like, I try to find common ground with him so that he will let me tell him about Christ and let Christ save him.” Randy Raysbrook of the Navigators in the Jan/Feb, 1994 issue of Discipleship Journal gives some pointers in finding that “common ground.”
- Be natural. Normal conversation is fluid and respectful, allows for humor and invites response.
- Be open and willing to admit your struggles and failures.
- Be respectful, look at people for what they are as well as what they can become.
- Be simple. Communication increases as simplicity does. Dont let Christian jargon get in the way.
- Dont forget what it was like to be a non-Christian.
- Look forward to hindsight. Unbelievers will understand some things only after looking back on them.