- The Hidden Value of a Man, Smalley, Trent, pp. 43ff
- The Fight, J. White, IVP, pp. 124ff
Headship in a Nutshell
If I could define headship in a nutshell, I would put it this way: biblical headship for a husband is giving the best of all that he is to those under his care and authority. I would define submission in a complimentary manner: biblical submission for a wife is giving the best of all that she is to the one that is in authority over her. Several hundred years ago, Martin Luther described it this way: “Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.
Men and Houswork
The more housework a woman sees her husband do, the less likely she is to think of divorcing him. Thats the conclusion of researchers Joan Huber and Glenna Spitze, who note that each one of the following tasks performed by a husband at least half the time lowers the chances that his wife is thinking about divorce by 3 percent:
- Meal preparation
- Food shopping
- Daily housework
- Meal Cleanup
- “Submission” has the sense of voluntary yielding in love (BAG, p. 855).
- The Grace Awakening, C. Swindoll, Word, 1990, pp. 244ff
- Between Two Truths, Klyne Snodgrass, Zondervan, 1990, p. 90