Eleven Visions of God
1. Jacob dreamed of “a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven....And, behold, the Lord stood above it” (Gen. 28:12, 13).
2. Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel...saw the God of Israel (Ex. 24:9,10).
3. Moses saw the back of God (Ex. 33:23).
4. Micaiah “saw the Lord sitting upon his throne” (2 Chron. 18:18).
5. Isaiah “saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple” (Isa. 6:1).
6. Ezekiel saw “the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and...the likeness as the appearance of a man above it” (Ezek. 1:26).
7. Ezekiel again had a similar vision (Ezek. 10:1).
8. Daniel “beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit” (Dan. 7:9).
9. Stephen “looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God” (Acts 7:55).
10. Paul wrote that he “knew a man” (likely himself), who was “caught up to the third heaven” (2 Cor. 12:2).
11. John “was in the spirit; and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne” (Rev. 4:2).