SUGGESTIONS FOR STUDY
What should you study, you ask? That depends on what you need. Here is a list of some ideas you might want to try out.
1. Take a major book like Genesis or John and read it straight through.
2. Take a smaller book like Ephesians or 1 John and read it through each day for a month
3. Read a chapter of Proverbs each day. There are 31, one for each day of the month.
4. Pick a topic or person and read passages that deal specifically with that.
5. Take a brief section of Scripture, like the Sermon on the Mount, and try out the four steps of study.
Reading the Scripture
Reading the Scripture can, and should, be an exciting time. The Spirit of God knows the mind of God. He knows what God is ready to do in your life. The Spirit of God will begin to open your understanding about God and His purposes and His ways.
When God leads you to a fresh understanding of Himself or His ways through Scripture:
1. Write down the verse(s) in a spiritual journal.
2. Meditate on the verse.
3. Identify the changes you need to make in your personal life, family life, your church, or anywhere else so God can work that way with you.
4. Pray to God in response to what you need to do.
5. Make the changes you have noticed you need to make.
6. Watch to see how God may use that truth about Himself in your life during the day.
Study produces joy. Like anything else that you do at first, you will find it hard work in the beginning. But the greater the accomplishment, the greater the joy.