God's Word in Your Life
The following are six ways that you can saturate your life with the Word of God.
1. HEAR IT - This is to listen to a lesson, sermon or music that is based on the Bible. Try to focus on what is being said, take notes, or work at learning at least one new thing in each song or sermon you hear.
2. READ IT- The best way to read the Bible is to do it every day. You don’t need to focus so much on how much or how long you read, just try reading the Bible every day. It is not a good idea to dip and skip around or to just pick the Bible up and let it flip open to some passage. Read the Bible with a purpose.
3. STUDY IT - Ask questions. Write them down. Find out the answers from someone else that studies the Bible. The difference between reading and studying is that you use a pen when you study.
4. MEMORIZE IT - This will help you to fight off temptation, make wise decisions, find comfort when discouraged, it leads to purity, and prepares you to be a witness. The best time to memorize Scripture is during your quiet time or while waiting.
5. MEDITATE WITH IT - Meditation is just focused thinking about a verse to help you apply it to your life. Good meditation brings change to your life. Worry is an example of bad meditation
6. APPLY IT - When applying Scripture, you will be focusing on three relationships, - your relationship with God, with others, and with yourself.
UNDERSTANDING SPIRITUAL TRUTH DOES NOT LEAD YOU TO AN ENCOUNTER WITH GOD, IT IS THE ENCOUNTER WITH GOD.