The Athanasian Creed: Third Month—Day 25
38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead.
You are worthy to take the scroll
And to open its seals,
Because You were slain,
And with Your blood You purchased for God
From every tribe and language and people and nation.
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
And they will reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:9-10)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.