The Athanasian Creed: Third Month—Day 7
17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord.
Every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea and all that is in them, will sing:
“To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
Be blessing and honor and glory and power
For ever and ever!” (Revelation 5:13)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.