1. Gods Love Is Incarnational - God entered into our world and demonstrated love in a way we could visualize - understand. We must go where young people are and where they live out their lives. This in itself will demonstrate to our young people our love for them.
2. Gods Love Is Patient - We must not make impatient demands but allow young people to grow at their own pace.
3. Gods Love Is Kind - We must be gentle and sensitive to the needs and hurts of young people. We must allow them to be teenagers and not demand that they be something else.
4. Gods Love Is Not Jealous - Our supreme concern must be for our young peoples growth and not that they just attend our youth program or our activities.
5. Gods Love Does Not Brag and Is Not Arrogant - We must not spend our energies building up ourselves, but remember that servanthood is making the other person successful.
6. Gods Love Does Not Act Unbecomingly - We are not to try to act like teenagers. Teens do not want leaders who act like them, but leaders who act like leaders.
7. Gods Love Does Not Seek Its Own - Our desire must be to put others first. If we cannot do this then we cannot expect our young people to do it either.
8. Gods Love Is Not Provoked - At times this becomes a great difficulty, but we must learn as the Apostle Paul in II Corinthians 2. He stated that in every disappointment he learned to use that situation to reaffirm love for the person who disappoints him.
9. Gods Love Does Not Take Into Account a Wrong Suffered - Jesus suffered much wrong and rejection and we, too, must be willing to experience that same suffering.
10. Gods Love Rejoices With the Truth - Our young people will easily see our values by what we get most excited about.
11. Gods Love Bears and Believes All Things - We must expect the best and see people as God sees people - for the potential they can become with Christs help.
12. Gods Love Hopes All Things - We need to memorize Philippians 4:8 and recite it daily to ourselves.
13. Gods Love Endures All Things - Many heartaches will come our way, and the desire to give up and quit will often pass through our minds. But Gods love for us endures even our shortcomings. How can we do any less'